Steve's Trip to Alaska 2010

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Summary of Trip

It's hard to summarize a trip like this.  It was 15 years of wanting to ride up the 'Haul Road' and go to Alaska.  It's surreal that I actually took the trip and completed it.

0 bike drops.  :) The bike was NEVER horizontal.  Not even a 0 MPH drop.  There were times in the mud on the Dalton I thought it would happen but it just didn't.

Alaska is too big and beautiful to do in the time I was there for. However I was there to ride the roads, and that's what I did.  I saw some beautiful sites, met some interesting people and took alot of pictures. I also pushed myself further then I ever had being sick and being on the Dalton. 

I've been asked multiple times if I would go back. Hell Yes!!  In a Van Camper next time though.  At themoment I have no interest in doing any long distance trips on a bike again, after time I'm sure I'll forget the pain and romanticise the good stuff again.

This bike has taken a beaten with the trans lab trip and now this trip.  I'd give it 2 thumbs up.  I can't say enough about it's reliability. If only it was a shaft drive bike it would be hands down the perfect bike.


4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Steve, You did it. Great job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome home! I was worried from the blog posts that you wished you hadn't gone on the trip at all. Glad that wasn't the case. Molly in Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  4. great trip and I am sure our 2011 adventure will be as memorable...Congrats! aka soph9 from the ADV forum :-)

    ReplyDelete