Steve's Trip to Alaska 2010

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Day 17: Bloomington MN to Ypsilanti MI

663 miles according to Google.

being I was up late the night before because of all the fiasco's I didn't get up that early.  I  headed out in what looked to be rain but it turned out to be pretty warm.  Leaving Bloomington some really fat guy in a tricked out Avalanche tried to hit me with his truck.  It was on purpose, he was waving his finger at me as to say "don't change lanes in front of me".  Well it was time to show this Minnesota drivers how we do it in Boston.  :)  He backed off...

Next up was the ride through wonderful Chicago.  It's funny they just can't seem to finish a road there. Reminds me of 95 through CT in the 80's.  I followed Mark M's advice to drop down to rt 80 and go across to 94.  This was ok, I guess. I hit traffic around Joliet.It was hot and I was dehydrating quickly.  Evenutally I made it through all the traffic and entered Michigan. I stopped and got some gatorade. 

I love the Michigan State Trooper cars. That large red light on the roof is straight out of an old movie.

Eventually I made it to Katherine and Michael's house.  The garage was open and I dismounted.  We chatted then ordered some pizza.  After eating I headed out to find out what the noise I was hearing was.  Katherine pointed out it was most likely the chain and we looked closer at it. It had a few kinks in it and was pretty much done.  We cleaned it, lubed it and hoped for the best.

Off to sleep I went, hell bent on being home on Saturday.  No pictures were taken today. There was nothing of interest to see other then slogging it on the highway.

No comments:

Post a Comment