Steve's Trip to Alaska 2010

Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 12: Fairbanks to Teslin YT

@700 miles

I awoke to rain.  Ohh boy!  I got a late start but headed out in it hoping I would ride out of the rain.  by the time I got to Tok it had stopped.  I wasn't taking as many pictures as I was just riding.

Before arrivingin Tok, I nearly crashed getting on the breaks so hard. I had finally found where the Creepy Old Boat Goat came from. (for those that know what I'm talking about).  For years we thought it was the Planet Mukluk, but it turns out he's really from Mukluk Land.  Of course it was closed.



I arrived in Tok and got lunch at the Grizzly cafe.  Afterwards it was time to get get and I ran into this couple from Germany 2 -up on an old BMW.




After Tok I headed for the border.



Also got a picture of how big the Mosquito's are here.



From there the Canandian side of the Alcan is gorgeous. One of the prettiest places I've seen on thewhole trip.








From there I was pushing into Whitehorse. I could not find a room anywhere. Eventually I decided to try my luck out in Teslin. In my haste I did not gas up there.  By the time I got to Teslin, EVERYTHING waas closed.  I was out of gas (not really but 75 milesoff aux fuel wasn't going to fix my problem).  I wound up back at the Yukon campground which is right next to a Rest area.  I set up my tent and tried to go to sleep. It didn't work.

I was upset as I was going to keep on going at this point I was going to make it to Watson Lake.


No comments:

Post a Comment