Steve's Trip to Alaska 2010

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 1: Seattle

sending from my phone so hopefully this works like I Think it will.

I finally fell asleep last night. I was up for @44 hours.

Tues night I dozed off for maybe 45 minutes and in the plane I dozed off for about 10. I was stupid tired by the time I went to sleep. I pushed it so I could go to sleep and wake up on pacific time. Hopefully it worked and I won't be jet lagged for the next few days.

Max and Molly are great hosts. Max picked me up at the airport and then we went to the Fish Market. Ate lunch and then headed to REI. I wasn't really thinking of doing the tourist thing at first so it was nice to actually see something.

Got my bear spray at REI and some camp fuel.

Then back to Max's to pack the bike. Max was nice he wanted to rag on me for some things that I had but just smiled. I did jettison a pair of gloves and a few other tidbits. At one point Max was going to give me a Givi box that was bigger then mine. I wasn't havi g it. I knew I had all this stuff on the bike before.

Well the bike is packed for now. I'm sure I will repack it a Bazillion times along the way.

Boy it feels good to sleep. Ill hit the Rd shortly and see how far I get today. I'm sure ill need to iron out some things while riding.

Hopefully I won't have to unpack everything at the border.


Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

No comments:

Post a Comment