Steve's Trip to Alaska 2010

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day -1: Alaska

So, the bike and stuff has made it to Seattle I have already pre
checked in to my flight that leaves at 6 am. tomorrow morning. I'm
stairing down at being awake for 40 hours if I can't get some shut eye
in between. I can't sleep on Planes and I'm working most of the day
today. There is probably no way I will get any sleep before having to
be awake at 2:30 this morning because the airport van picks me up at
3:15 a.m. to bring me to the Airport.

Day 1 Plan:
The plan so far when I land is to find the Giant Max (he claims he's
tall and you all know I'm not). From there, head to an REI to get
camp fuel and Bear Spray. Then find a place so I can get an air horn.

Then it's pack the bike and hang out. Originally I was thinking of
hitting the road, but I'm going to be in no shape to hit the road that
afternoon, plus might as well hang out in a dry warm place for a
night.

Day 2 plan : Hit the road plan.

I'm going to head north out of seattle on the I5 and cross the border.
Follow 99 through Vancouver which looks to turn into Surface streets
in the city. Then head north on 99 through Whistler. Then connect to
97 North heading for Williams Lake. If I'm tired or something I'm
stopping there. If not push on to Quesnel. If I'm feeling super good
maybe up to Prince George, but I doubt that very much.

Steve .. t - 15 hours until I get in the airport van

No comments:

Post a Comment