Steve's Trip to Alaska 2010

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Day 13: Teslin YT to Ft. Nelson BC

@490 miles

I "woke up" well, I never really fell asleep.   I gassed up, had some coffee then went about seeing what I could do about a bolt that had disappeared.



Didn't find what I needed but put a smaller bolt there to help hold things.  I then proceeded to Watson lake.  I found the M8 bolt I needed then got lunch.  I'm basically asleep  at this point.  After Lunch I then went for gas. I ran into Brian who I talked to in Dawson City so we decide to head towards Muncho lake or ft. Nelson together.  I take the lead then have to pull over because I'm nodding off.

Brian takes the lead and that works for a while. I was fine.  Eventually he pulls over to stretch and says he's going to be a 1/2 hour or so, so I said goodbye and headed to Muncho lake.  Now the Alcan has been beautiful and I actually saw 2 bears on the side of the road.  Along with a Buffalo heard.



Got to Muncho lake and let me tell you it is gorgeous. I almost stayed at the Lodge. It had great views, but I decided to move on.




I eventually made it to Ft Nelson and went to the Super 8. Well this place wasn't cheap.  Boston Pizza was in the parking lot, so again I went there .  Kind of a shame but they have Canadian on tap.

I'm nodding off while typing it, so its time to sleep like a dead person.

Tomorrow I'm hoping to make it to Edmonton


No comments:

Post a Comment