Steve's Trip to Alaska 2010

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Day 15: Edmonton AB to Regina SK

485 miles (google again)

Woke up not early and by the time I headed downstairs the coffee was gone. For some reason I have an aversion to the coffee maker in the room.  I packed up and hit the road.  I just wasn't feeling it from the beginning and was sleepy from the get go.  Of course this was the morning that a guy in a white pick up truck merged onto the highway and decided he liked my yellow bike so much he wanted the paint on his pick up truck. Luckily I saw what he was going to do and hit my horn which did nothing.  I hit the brakes, gave him the lane.  He looked back and waved like everything was peachy.

After that, I pulled into a Tim Hortons and got a coffee and bagel.  Back on the road and I pulled into the "border town" LloydMinster AB/SK.

I grabbed a shot of the signs which was basically me stopping in the middle of an intersection.






When pulling away I heard a noise coming from the bike when starting.  I pulled over to check it out and coulldn't find anything.  I then stopped at the info center took off the helmet to listen.  It sounded like it was coming from the chain.

I unpacked the bike, put it on the center stand and looked at it. Nothing looked wrong, maybe it had picked up a bunch of dirt along the way.  did a full chain clean/lube and the noise I was hearing went away.

The views have definately changed along the way.







So I then took off. What I neglected to do was get gas in Lloyd Minster.  With the highway speeds my gas mileage was lower and yep, I ran out of gas 8 km before the Battlefords.  So there I was on the side of the road out of gas, so I opened up my Primus bottles and put in 2 liters of fuel.



Got to north Battleford gassed up and hit the road again.  Droned on into Regina and wound up downtown.  Started to head out of town then found the Comfort Inn on the way out.  The sky was looking like I was running into the storms so I just stopped. I'm going to bed early and hopefully gettig up early. :)

Tomorrow I'm going to try for Minneapolis. Who knows if I'll make it or not.  Weather says, rain in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment