Steve's Trip to Alaska 2010

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 1 -- early. Best thing heard from an airport screener

Not sure why they call it getting at up at 2 a.m. I never really fell
asleep. Those that know me know I'm not a morning person.

So, the airport van drops me off early enough to deal with Security. I
have my netbook, and extra battery, my SPOT, my GPS, my Sat radio and
CB in my carry on. I have my helmet with me.

I pull everything out and put it in the bins like a good little boy.
Of course I forget my belt. *sigh*. Anyway, the xray guy is moving my
stuff back and forth. Eventually he looks at me and says "A motorcycle
helmet with comm gear. boy that make us nervous" I smiled and said,
I know, that's why I'm hear so early.

Older gentleman with his wife behind me got pulled aside and heavily
screened. I was expecting to get brought to a side room considering
my one way ticket and all the stuff I have with me. Not to mention if
you google my last name and match it to the G8 summit in Italy, a long
lost relative was a very bad girl a while ago.

Works for me. I will say that micro foldable duffle from REI so far
is tough as nails. I have way too much weight in it then should be.

Flight boards in 45 minutes, I got the EEEPC charging in the outlet
and pilfering off the free wifi at the airport. Next stop. Salt Lake
City and then hopefully SEA.

Max: So far everything looks to be on time.

BTW: no one is in more disbelief then me that I'm actually going
through with this.

Steve in Logan Airport.

1 comment:

  1. Did you make it? Everyone is waiting for an update. Please post more frequent updates. And pictures.

    ReplyDelete